Friday 25 July 2014

Progress Report

I've been pretty busy lately and therefore not able to blog as much as I'd like to. I reached a significant landmark today though; I finished my WIP. It is a YA story based in rural Wales set in the 1920s which contains fairy tale and coming of age themes.

It was a labor of love and a story I'd had in the back of my mind for quite a while screaming at me to write it so I'm glad it is now all down on paper!

However, I won't be resting on my laurels. I plan to relax over the weekend (and finally watch The Lego Movie) but on Monday I'm diving straight in to my next project, the third book in my Avalon series working title, Coming Home. The first book in the series, First to Fall is out in just over a month! Yes I'm crazy excited that my next release will be hitting e-readers on Tuesday 26th August.

I haven't been to Avalon for a while so I'm looking forward to reconnecting with old characters and progressing their stories.

I'm fortunate to be able to work full time from home. My freelance work enables me to have the time and financial freedom to focus on my own projects. I have an ever expanding list of stories that I just have to write! I'm not sure if I'll ever complete all of my generated ideas but it is certainly fun trying!

Hope everyone has been out enjoying the glorious weather! It is a rare treat for us Brits to have this amount of extended sunshine! I might be avoiding it for a while though as whilst out walking Rollo earlier I foolishly took a short cut through an overgrown area of the woods behind my house whilst wearing shorts and am now sporting some rather sore looking nettle stings! Oh well!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment